If, from 28 September 2020 onwards, if you have been told by the NHS to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for COVID-19 or because you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period.
If you are eligible you will receive a £500 self isolating support payment.
This scheme will initially run until 31 January 2021. Any claims need to be made within 14 days of the end of the self isolation period.
Who is eligible?
People who have received notification from NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate will be entitled to a self-isolation payment providing they:
- Comply with the notification from NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate
- Are employed or self-employed
- Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result, and
- Are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit
For further information, visit the test and trace website HERE